TUSTIN, CALIF. (March 8, 2012) — Coreland Companies of Tustin, Calif., one of the largest private real estate service companies based in California, was awarded a contract by Watt Properties, a division of Watt Companies, to manage a large portfolio of neighborhood retail properties across Southern California totaling nearly 1.2 million square feet. The portfolio encompasses 12 retail properties that are located in Orange, Los Angeles and Riverside counties. Watt Properties is a leader in developing, redeveloping and managing community shopping centers in urban markets.
“Coreland has built a reputation as a high quality, institutional real estate manager with the capacity to absorb and effectively manage large portfolios,” said Chris Hite, president of Coreland Companies.”We focus on creating value and positioning assets in a manner consistent with each owner’s strategic objectives.”
“We have been very impressed with how quickly Coreland Companies was able to focus on the portfolio and address key issues,” said Allison Lynch, vice president, asset management of Watt Companies. “The transition has been seamless.”
Since its formation in 1990, Coreland has established itself has a leader in institutional real estate management, especially in the retail sector. The firm has a proven track record in maintaining and enhancing retail asset value and provides institutional clients with large portfolios an extensive and efficient infrastructure already in place. Coreland’s retail real estate management experts and staff provide expertise and leadership.
“Our success with both institutional and privately owned clients is a testament to the quality of our real estate managers and our ability to achieve and maintain operational excellence for the properties and clients we serve,” noted Cheryl Todd, Coreland’s vice president of real estate management.
The Watt portfolio includes:
- Alicia Towne Center (149,328 sq. ft.) 24391-24491 Alicia Parkway in Mission Viejo
- Edinger Plaza (145,143 sq. ft.) 7490-7664 Edinger Ave., Huntington Beach
- Norwalk Plaza (116,371 sq. ft.) 11660-11790 Firestone Blvd., Norwalk
- Canyon Village Plaza (112,441 sq. ft.) 5711-5799 E. La Palma Ave., Anaheim
- Anaheim Towne Center (106,140 sq. ft.) 100-290 W. Lincoln Ave., Anaheim
- La Habra Towne Center (92,891 sq. ft.) 1231-1465 W. Whittier Blvd., La Habra
- Landmark Plaza (79,979 sq. ft.) 8851-8965 Atlanta Ave., Huntington Beach
- Magnolia Plaza (59,650 sq. ft.) 9029-9121 Garfield Ave., Fountain Valley
LOS ANGELES COUNTY
- Santa Fe Springs (175,364 sq. ft.) 7810-7930 Norwalk Blvd. & 11125-11233 Washington Blvd., Whittier
- Van Nuys (72,647 sq. ft.) 7221-7239 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys
- La Verne Center (24,468 sq. ft.) 1480 Foothill Blvd., La Verne
- Riverside Towne Center (53,484 sq. ft.) 10225-10281 Magnolia Ave., Riverside